GripTight GorillaPod VideoTM
Mount and flexible tripod for your iPhone, Android, or Windows phone
Smooth pan &
tilt for shake-free
GripTight GorillaPod VideoTM Images
GripTight GorillaPod VideoTM Videos
GripTight GorillaPod VideoTM Accessories
Frequently Asked Questions about the GripTight GorillaPod VideoTM
- Will GripTight fit my smartphone?
- GripTight will fit smartphones between 2.1-2.8 inches | 54-72mm, like iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3G/3GS, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Droid RAZR, and HTC Evo 4G. Unfortunately, it will not fit phones larger than 72mm like the Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Will GripTight fit my iPod Touch?
- GripTight will fit devices between 2.1-2.8 inches | 54-72mm, like the new iPod Touch and iPod Touch 4th Generation.
- Will GripTight work with my tripod?
- The GripTight Mount is compatible with any tripod or ballhead with a standard 1/4-20 in. screw attachment point, including all GorillaPods. It can be unscrewed from the GorillaPod Magnetic and attached to any tripod with 1/4-20 screw.
- Will GripTight work with my GorillaMobile for iPhone 4/4S?
- The GripTight Mount attaches via 1/4 – 20 in. screw. If you still have the supplemental 1/4-20 in. screw clip that came with your GorillaMobile for iPhone 4/4S, simply attach that clip to the GripTight Mount and slide it into the GorillaMobile tripod base.
- Does GripTight work in portrait orientation like GorillaMobile for iPhone 4/4S?
- GripTight grips onto your phone in landscape orientation and attaches to tripods in landscape orientation. If you want to shoot in portrait orientation, you'll need to position the legs of your GorillaPod to achieve that shooting mode.
- What is JOBY's warranty policy?
- JOBY offers a one (1) year warranty on all products and an extended two (2) year warranty on Pro Sling Straps, UltraFit Sling Straps, UltraFit Hand Straps and 3-Way Camera Straps. We will happily repair or exchange your product if it is defective. To submit a warranty claim, please email info@JOBY.com and include your purchase receipt, photo of the product defect, and shipping address.
- What is JOBY’s return policy?
- JOBY is committed to guaranteeing your satisfaction with our products. We accept JOBY.com return purchases 30 days from the invoice date. Customer is responsible for return shipping unless product arrives defective or damaged. To find out more information on how to return products, please click here for more information.
- How can I purchase JOBY products internationally?
- JOBY.com does not currently fulfill non-US orders. Please visit our International Distributors page to find the contact information for the JOBY distributor in or near your country who can advise you where to purchase JOBY products locally.
- I have more questions!
- And we have more answers! Try our Support FAQ, but if you still have questions, comments, or feedback, email us at email@example.com, and we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible! Or follow us online at: Facebook, Google Plus, or Twitter!
GripTight Video at a Glance
Click on the dots to learn what makes GripTight Video awesome!
|GripTight Video Specifications|
|Designed For||Smartphones between 2.1 - 2.8 in | 54 - 72 mm wide|
|Max Weight Load||325 Grams||0.7 Pounds||11.5 Ounces|
|Product Weight||96 Grams||0.21 Pounds||3.4 Ounces|
|Product Dimensions||H: 23.5 cm | 9.25 in||W: 3.5 cm | 1.4 in||D: 3.5 cm | 1.4 in|
|Connection Point||¼"-20 standard tripod mount|
|Two Great Products in One!|
Unscrew the GripTight Mount and use the GorillaPod Video with your mini camcorder or point & shoot camera instead.
GripTight Mount will work on any tripod, including all GorillaPods! It's also compatible with most phone cases and accessories!
How to Use GripTight Video
Attach GripTight Mount to GorillaPod Quick-Release Clip
Start screwing the quick-release clip into the bottom of the GripTight Mount. Use a coin to securely tighten down the screw. Make sure the quick-release clip is in line with the GripTight Mount's grip pads for fast and easy setup.
Stabilize Left & Right with Two Legs
Secure one leg to the left of your phone, and then secure one leg to the right of your phone. By positioning one leg on each side, you prevent your phone from slipping sideways. The broader the stance of your GripTight GorillaPod Video, the sturdier it will be on uneven surfaces.
Prevent Slipping with Third Leg
Use the third tripod leg to provide stability for your phone by bending it into an angle and having it rest or push off the surface where you're setting up your shot. This leg position will counter-balance the weight of your phone, preventing it from slipping forwards or backwards.
Adjust Pan and Tilt Handle
Press the small blue button on the side of the videohead to adjust the angle of the pan and tilt handle so you can easily access it. You can lock the handle into eight different positions so you can use it in even the trickiest of setups. Press the blue button again to fold the handle flat for easy storage.
Secure on Vertical Poles
Wrap one leg around the front of the pole, wrap the second leg around the back of the pole, and position the third leg in an arc directly below the phone with the foot of the tripod perpendicular the pole. This will prevent your phone from slipping down the pole. Be sure to align the omnidirectional ballhead with the horizon line to get a straight and level panning shot.
Get Smooth Pan & Tilt Shots Easily
To record the smoothest panning shots possible, use one hand to maneuver the pan & tilt handle and use the other hand to hold the GorillaPod in place. Either hold onto the silver part of the videohead or hold onto the GorillaPod legs to keep it sturdily in place while panning and tilting.
Magnetic Feet for Better Pan & Tilt
Use the magnetic feet to secure your GorillaPod on metal poles or railings. Securing the magnetic feet on a metal surface will also make it easier to achieve smooth pan and tilt.
Designer Tip: For less resistance when panning, warm up the pan and tilt head. Use the handle to spin the head around in a circle for 30 seconds and then set up your shot.