GripTight GorillaPod MagneticTM
Mount and flexible tripod for your iPhone, Android, or Windows phone
Now even more
versatile with super
strong magnetic feet!
GripTight GorillaPod MagneticTM Images
GripTight GorillaPod MagneticTM Videos
GripTight GorillaPod MagneticTM Accessories
Frequently Asked Questions about the GripTight GorillaPod MagneticTM
- Will GripTight fit my smartphone?
- GripTight will fit smartphones between 2.1-2.8 inches | 54-72mm, like iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3G/3GS, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Droid RAZR, and HTC Evo 4G. Unfortunately, it will not fit phones larger than 72mm like the Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Will GripTight fit my iPod Touch?
- GripTight will fit devices between 2.1-2.8 inches | 54-72mm, like the new iPod Touch and iPod Touch 4th Generation.
- Will GripTight work with my tripod?
- The GripTight Mount is compatible with any tripod or ballhead with a standard 1/4-20 in. screw attachment point, including all GorillaPods. It can be unscrewed from the GorillaPod Magnetic and attached to any tripod with 1/4-20 screw.
- Will GripTight work with my GorillaMobile for iPhone 4/4S?
- The GripTight Mount attaches via 1/4 – 20 in. screw. If you still have the supplemental 1/4-20 in. screw clip that came with your GorillaMobile for iPhone 4/4S, simply attach that clip to the GripTight Mount and slide it into the GorillaMobile tripod base.
- Does GripTight work in portrait orientation like GorillaMobile for iPhone 4/4S?
- GripTight grips onto your phone in landscape orientation and attaches to tripods in landscape orientation. If you want to shoot in portrait orientation, you'll need to position the legs of your GorillaPod to achieve that shooting mode.
- What is JOBY's warranty policy?
- JOBY offers a one (1) year warranty on all products and an extended two (2) year warranty on Pro Sling Straps, UltraFit Sling Straps, UltraFit Hand Straps and 3-Way Camera Straps. We will happily repair or exchange your product if it is defective. To submit a warranty claim, please email info@JOBY.com and include your purchase receipt, photo of the product defect, and shipping address.
- What is JOBY’s return policy?
- JOBY is committed to guaranteeing your satisfaction with our products. We accept JOBY.com return purchases 30 days from the invoice date. Customer is responsible for return shipping unless product arrives defective or damaged. To find out more information on how to return products, please click here for more information.
- How can I purchase JOBY products internationally?
- JOBY.com does not currently fulfill non-US orders. Please visit our International Distributors page to find the contact information for the JOBY distributor in or near your country who can advise you where to purchase JOBY products locally.
- I have more questions!
- And we have more answers! Try our Support FAQ, but if you still have questions, comments, or feedback, email us at email@example.com, and we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible! Or follow us online at: Facebook, Google Plus, or Twitter!
GripTight Magnetic at a Glance
Click on the dots to learn what makes GripTight Magnetic awesome!
|GripTight Magnetic Specifications|
|Designed For||Smartphones between 2.1 - 2.8 in | 54 - 72 mm wide|
|Max Weight Load||325 Grams||0.7 Pounds||11.5 Ounces|
|Product Weight||80 Grams||0.175 Pounds||2.8 Ounces|
|Product Dimensions||H: 22.5 cm | 8.9 in||W: 3 cm | 1.2 in||D: 3 cm | 1.2 in|
|Connection Point||¼"-20 standard tripod mount|
|Two Great Products in One!|
Unscrew the GripTight Mount and use the GorillaPod Magnetic with your point & shoot camera instead.
GripTight Mount will work on any tripod, including all GorillaPods! It's also compatible with most phone cases and accessories!
Tips from Pro Photographer *safe solvent™
Meet Martin Reisch
Martin Reisch has been shooting with a GorillaPod for years and his long distance self-portrait photos have become iconic on in the world of iPhoneography. We're pretty sure he started a new genre of self-portraiture, and boy are we glad he did! For a daily dose of inspiration, follow him of Instagram @safesolvent. Here Martin shares his tips for using GripTight Magnetic and improving your phone photography.
Think Outside the Box
The GorillaPod essentially removes the "I have to be holding it" part of the photo equation and also adds this "ceilings and fences can be surfaces too" element. It opens up a lot of opportunity for uniqueness in my photography. Usually, I’m putting equal amounts of effort into finding interesting places to shoot and finding a place to put my GorillaPod. Often, I'll see a potential spot that I can hang or grip my GorillaPod onto and then see what it gives through the lens.
Position Your GripTight
My best tip for using the GripTight GorillaPod Magnetic is that you only need to use two legs to grip, one on either side of your phone. Then you can use the third leg to provide stability for your phone by bending it into an angle and having it rest or push off the surface to counter-balance your phone, preventing it from slipping forwards or backwards.
Shoot Like Nobody's Watching
I often pretend like nobody is around when I’m taking my self-portraits because I know how being self-consciousness affects the final shot. You can tell, even on a small iPhone screen, if someone is not in the moment. Pretend like nobody is looking and you'll get much better self-portrait shots.
Edit and Share
I’m a huge fan of Camera+. It’s essentially the first thing I open when I’m shooting and also often the only app I use to edit. I have started to play with the Slow Shutter for nighttime shooting and I’m very impressed by Photoforge 2 for masking and heavy duty, complex edits. But for the most part, I like a clean image with a bit of contrast boost and a little cross process filter—both of which can be done in Camera+. Obviously, I'm a big fan on Instagram as well.
I'm inspired by a combination of the music on my iPhone while I’m wandering around, and the light and architecture of a place. If I’m in a rush, I’ll usually be late because I can't help but capture things like lens flare from the sun hitting a building and reflecting onto the ground. People have started to comment that "*safe solvent™ time" is 15-20 minutes behind reality.